Are you new to email marketing or email industry?
Do you have some confusion about email template and email campaign?
In this post, you’ll get the answers. Let’s dive in!
Wondering what is an email template? Is it a single email sent to subscribers?
A email template is a reusable HTML (HyperText Markup Language) file which can be used to create email campaign.It allows you to add things like text, images, and links to an email.
The template is saved in email service provider’s editor or campaign builder.
The definition of an email template from the balance:
“An email template is a preformatted and/or pre written email that you can use to replace with your own content so that you can quickly and easily write and create emails.”
The best part? It’s reusable. You can use it to create multiple campaigns. As you don’t need to create new design from scratch, just add copy, images, and links to the template. That’s it! Test it and send it to your subscribers.
A template allows you to deliver campaign faster. It will save your time make the work hassle free for you. It will keep your emails consistent which will help you to build a brand consistency.
You don’t need to write new codes - the templates are designed by designers and developers - don’t need to worry about broken codes or responsiveness.
If you are good at HTML coding and designing then you can build your own email templates by using a editor.
Are you looking for template inspiration? Sarv.com offers modern, easy-to-use, and responsive templates. Find a perfect template for you.
Email campaign definition by Getresponse:
“An email campaign is a coordinated set of email marketing messages delivered at intervals and designed to escalate a persuasive argument to purchase, subscribe, download, etc.”
Email marketing is all about to send relevant content to your subscribers list. To get more visibility, recognition, leads, & return, your email campaign must be effective. Content must be informative, personalized, clear & concise. Graphics need to be eye-catchy and visually appealing.
You can create campaign from an email template, editor, or you can create your own design.
Here are 20 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Hit Send on Your Next Email Campaign!
1. Do you have the permission to send email?
2. Do you segment your subscriber list?
3. What is the objective of your email?
4. Do you put the brand name in the from field?
5. Is your subject line clear, concise and actionable?
6. Do your write the pre-header text?
7. Is your message engaging, informative & relevant to readers?
8. Is your email personal?
9. What is in it for my audience?
10. Do you have well-designed and attractive visual?
11. Do you make your CTA stand out and actionable?
12. Does your email contain social media buttons?
13. Is your email responsive?
14. Is your unsubscribe process easy?
15. Do you include the word, “You” in email?
16. Are you providing opportunity for further connections?
17. What is the right time to send your message?
18. What works best for you - HTML email or plain text message?
19. Did you test the email?
20. How will you measure the results of the campaign?
If you are new to email marketing, you might want to check out this article on 101 Actionable Email Marketing Tips from Experts!