31 Surprising Visual Content Stats That Will Blow Your Mind!
You heard something or you read something, when the same thing would be asked after some days, you won’t be able to gather the knowledge you acquired that time.
But if you have seen the graphic illustration or video for the same, then try it, you could remember that for a very long time.
Human brains are made in such a manner that any pictorial representation gets fit in our mind. That’s why we never forget our poems, which we used to read in our childhood.
But what effect these graphics can make in your content and how it can bang on your content marketing?
Here are some statistics, which will guide that how the graphical representation of any content has created the difference in content marketing in previous years and how it is making a difference in 2017.
1. Researchers found that color visuals increase the eagerness of readers for a piece of content by 80%. – Source
2. Content with attractive and relevant images gets 94% more views compared to the content with no images. – Source
3. 46% of marketers say that images and photography are critical to their present marketing and blogging strategies. – Source
4. 34% of marketers go for visual assets as their most important content, behind blogging (45%) and before videos (19%). – Source
5. 65 percent of senior marketing executives believe that visual assets (photos, video, illustrations, and infographics) are core to how their brand story is communicated. – Source
6. It has been researched that when you hear a piece of information, after three days later you’ll remember 10% of it. When you add a picture in it, then you’ll remember 65%. – Source
7. Only 27 percent have a process in place to aggregate, organize and manage the visual assets being used across marketing teams. – Source
8. 39% of marketers believe that more budgets should be allocated to create compelling visual assets. – Source
9. 73% of content creators plan to prioritize creating more engaging content in 2016, and 55% plan to prioritize creating visual content. – Source
10. 55% of people are more likely to pick up a full-color piece of mail first rather than a colorless piece of work. – Source
11. 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. – Source
12. More than 76% of B2B marketers said they use videos and photos as their content marketing tactics. - Source
13. 40% of retailers cite increases in purchase as a result of a video. – Source
14. Using the word “Video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%. – Source
15. Through 2015, mobile video plays exceeded 44% to 74% from 2014 and an immense 84% since 2012. – Source
16. 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales or communication. – Source
17. Between April 2015 to November 2015, it sees 8 billion average daily video views, wherein earlier it used to be 500 million users or 4 billion users. – Source
18. 74% of all Internet traffic in 2017 will be video predicted by Syndacast. – Source
19. In July 2015, Periscope users were watching equivalent to 40 years’ worth of videos every day. – Source
20. Visual content or Infographics is shared and liked 3x more than any other visual materials available. – Source
21. Infographics found to be the tactic that had the greatest increase in usage by B2B marketers (from 51% last year to 62% this year). – Source
22. 60% of marketing executive predict that the use of infographics will increase in 2016 compared to 2015. – Source
23. Eye-tracking studies show Internet readers pay close attention to information-carrying images. In fact, when the images are relevant, readers spend more time looking at the images than they do reading text on the page. – Source
24. People following directions with text and illustrations do 32% better than people following directions without illustrations. – Source
25. 98% percent of respondents use photography as part of their storytelling efforts, and only 95% said that images were simply important. – Source
26. 50% of respondents indicated that the importance and use of photography would increase while 60% believe the use of Infographics will increase compared to last year. - Source
27. Articles with an image once every 75-100 words get 2X the number of social shares than articles with fewer images. – Source
28. Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images. – Source
29. 57% of marketing executive believes that Infographics are important for their marketing. – Source
30. A significant 57% of marketers use video in their marketing; however, 72% want to learn more about video marketing and plan on increasing their use of video. – Source
31. 71% of online marketers use visual representation in their social media marketing stuff. – Source
So, make your marketing a smart marketing and let your readers remember you by picturing yourself in their mind. Start a new era of content marketing with visuals, photos and lots of colors.