In one of our previous posts, we learnt 21 marketing lessons from the marketing guru “Seth Godin”. He’s a total inspiration to us.
In this article, you’ll find 20 more genius lessons from him. These quotes from him are absolutely mind hacking.
1. "Just because it appears productive, just because you bought it in a store or got promoted for it at work doesn't mean it's not addictive and worth managing."
2. "Innovation is essential, but innovation isn't lazy. It takes insight and patience and experience to bring a new solution to an old problem. Impatience is not a strategy."
3. "The simplest antidote to a tough day is generosity. Waves are free, and smiles are an irresistible bonus."
4. "Focus on the audience you care about, interacting with the person who matters to you. Your audience, your choice. One person, ten people, the people who need you."
5. "Marketers keep making big promises, and organizations struggle to keep those promises. Sooner or later, it leads to a situation where the broken promise arrives on the customer's lap. In that moment, what the customer wants most is someone to care."
6. "Making stuff is great. Making connections is even better."
7. "The very best way to engage with your customers is for your organization to develop some more eyes. And the empathy to use them."
8. "If you and your team can agree on the goal, the real goal, they might be able to help you with the journey…"
9. "Don't confuse dumber with simpler. Simpler removes the unnecessary and creates a better outcome as a result. But dumber does little but create noise."
10. "If you've got people on your bus who are headed somewhere you have no intention of going, today might be a good day for them to get off the bus."
11. "If someone doesn't want to hear from you anymore, you've lost the ability to reach them. Yes, you can go back to trying to interrupt them, but of course, that's getting more and more expensive."
12. "It's easy to talk about in the abstract, but difficult to put into practice. Just about every brand you care about, just about every organization that matters to you--this is how they got there."
13. "If the way you see the world isn't helping you make the changes you seek to make, consider seeing the world differently."
14. "We don't have to market at people, pin them to the wall, target them, track them, stalk them, trick them, manipulate them and sell them things they don't want."
15. "Caring is expensive, but it also generates loyalty and word of mouth. In the long run, an organization that puts in extra effort gets rewarded."
16. "We beat ourselves up a lot, but often focus on the wrong areas, avoiding the soft spots and doubling down on the places where we are well armored. You're better than you think you are."
17. "Create a culture where peers inspire peers, in which each employee acts like a leader, pushing the culture forward. People like us do things like this. People like us, care."
18. "Sometimes, we need to take a deep breath and decide to do it again, better."
19. "The way you engage with your customers (students/bosses/peers) trains them on what to expect from interactions with you."
20. "What actually works in a noisy environment isn't more noise—it's the challenging work of earning the benefit of people telling people."
Thank You for reading!
What’s your favorite quote? Do you want to add any quotes to this list? Please do drop your views in the comment section below!