Manage Subscribers/Contact Lists
Store your subscribers information in contact lists and manage them easily. You can perform segmentation to filter contacts, use lists in campaigns, perform automation, A/B testings, etc.
We will guide you through the platform so that you can understand the process.
Custom Fields are used to map the uploaded subscribers information (.CSV format) in the contact list you have created. Custom Field feature gives you the liberty to store important data (name, email id, contact number etc.) so that you can target them more efficiently.
In Sarv email panel 3 custom fields; email_id, first_name, last_name are added by default by admin, others you have to create as per the requirement.
1. AddPrevious Next1 Field Name Name must be unique and should only contain alphabet, number, and underscore ( _ ) sign.2 Field Type At the time of creating field you can specify its type so that validations can be applied automatically and error free data can be stored.3 Category of Field Type Select category of the field type from drop-down as is visible in the image. It will help to validate fields more precisely.
2. ViewPrevious Next1 Total Number of Custom Fields In above image '9' is the total number of custom fields added by user. The total count of added custom fields will be visible.2 Create New Field Click on the button 'Create New Field' and you will be redirected to the first step (1. Add) to add a new field. .3 Reserved Field 3 fields ('email', 'first_name', 'last_name') are by default added by admin and cannot be deleted or edited. These fall in the reserved category.4 Action Two actions 'Edit' & 'Delete' helps to either edit or delete the fields. These actions do not apply on reserved fields and fields which are linked to a active contact list.5Linked Contact ListsAs in image the Custom Field 'State' is used in '2' contact lists. Click on '2' and the pop-up will open to display the name of linked contact lists.
Once you have created the custom fields, you are now ready to add contact list into your account.
We will now discuss the process step by step
1. Add Contact List - 3 step process (CREATE, UPLOAD & MAP )Previous Nexta. Create List1 Contact List Name Enter the name of the contact list. This is completely your choice to name the contact list.2 Choose Custom FieldsAll the custom field added by user will be listed under this heading. Tick on check box to add custom fields which are needed.3 Mandatory Custom Field Email ID is always mandatory. Guess why? Mandatory means you cannot proceed further without this custom field.4 Choice of Mandatory or Non-MandatoryIf you wish to make a custom field mandatory then click on check box otherwise it will be optional.b. Upload File1 Upload File Format Your desktop file format should be '.CSV', '.XLS', '.ZIP'. The zip file will be unzipped by the system itself and will be uploaded.2 Browse File Browse the data file from your desktop.3 Create Campaign This button 'Create Campaign' will re-direct you to a new page where you can create the new campaign.c. Map File/s1 Mapping ProcessThe uploaded data file needs to be mapped in the contact list. As is visible in the image, choose the matching custom field and you are done.2 Add New Custom Field You can simply click on button "+Add New Field" quickly. You can see in the image that one custom field 'Job_Title' (Value from uploaded data file) do not have a matching custom field.3 Action While mapping there are 3 Actions
- Replace: The entire old record will be deleted and will be replaced with the new records.
- Update: Out of all data specific new records will be updated, leaving the remaining records as it is.
- Skip: The Duplicate record will be skipped leaving the old record intact.
2. ViewPrevious Next1 Upload New File You can add new contacts to the existing contact list. Just click and browse the new file to upload.2 Recent Uploaded Files If you have uploaded any file then a banner will appear. Click on it and you can see the file details.3 View Total number of custom fields(subscribers) linked with chosen contact list. Click on number ('13' in image) and list will open.4 Add Click on the plus '+' icon to add new custom fields/subscribers.5 Interaction Ratio Interaction rate of subscribers over linked contact list will be displayed. Click on it and a graphical representation will open.6 Actions on Individual List This drop-down carry options like 'Edit', 'View', 'Map', 'Delete', 'Download', 'Access Uploaded Files'.7 Open Uploaded Contacts List Click on number ('4' in image) and the list will open displaying all the contacts.8 Download You can download the uploaded contact list directly through this button.
The files which are added to the existing contact lists will be in the uploaded file category. The uploaded file information is available only for 1 day and after that, the entry will be removed.
There are two basic steps under this topic.
Suppression List - 3 step process.Previous Next1. Add to Reject Email ID1 Enter Email IDs Write down the email ids which you wish to not receive emails in future. You can add multiple email ids (1 entry in 1 line). Duplicate entries will be discarded.2 Add to Reject List Click & the email ids which you have mentioned in text area will be added to the suppression list.3 Bulk Upload via CSV Instead of typing or copy-pasting email ids, upload a .CSV file at once. This way you can upload multiple email ids in one click.4 Fetch Multiple Columns No need to maintain one column of email ids in .CSV file. You can keep upto 30 columns, choose the number of columns as mentioned in image and you're done.2. View Suppressed Email ID List1 Download Suppression List Click on button and complete list will be downloaded in .CSV format.2 Suppression types Email id can be suppressed/inactivated/rejected due to many reasons. Few reasons are: 'forcefully rejected by you/user'; 'un-subscription'; 'bounce'; 'report spam'.3 Action You can remove the specific email id from the reject list through this action button.4 Add to Reject List click on this button and you will redirected to previous step (step-1:Add to Reject List).5 Search By Search by e'mail id', 'type' of rejection, 'description' of rejection, 'date' wise sort.3. View Uploaded CSV1View
All the CSV files which are uploaded by you will be stored here. Name of file, number of email ids, columns in file, date and status of file will be visible. This option keeps the brief summary of uploaded .CSV files.
- Add to Reject List: Click on this button to directly navigate to the first step.
- Search: Search by 'Status'(Pending, Processing, Complete) of File & 'Date Added'.
You want to search for one single email id entry out of thousands of contacts stored in hundreds of contact list. Universal Search will make this task very easy for you. Search your entry in seconds.
Know your Subscribers
Now you are done with creating a contact list. You should also know how to manage the contact lists. We will now discuss some features which can enhance the productivity of your contact lists.
Multiple Contact Lists
Some service providers create a central list which clogs you to store similar, chronological, replica data. If you have various types of information of your subscribers and you can't store it in one list then no problem. We will facilitate you to create as many contact lists as you want.
It may be possible that you want to filter some of the contacts from your huge contact lists to target them more efficiently. Use segmentation and apply rule-based filters on your contact lists. So, instead of sending emails blindly to each of your subscribers, filter your contact lists using segmentation.
You can store the unlimited number of contacts in a single contact list.
Personalize Your Campaigns
Add as many fields in a list as you want and design highly personalized email campaigns.
Grow Your List
Sarv makes it easier to add new contacts in your contact lists. There are multiple options to grow your list.
You can add new subscribers one by one manually via user-friendly GUI. This is useful when you have a few important entries to make after the contact list is created.
If you have a lot of contacts to add then just save your contacts in a comma separated or XLS file and follow the steps to create and fill contact list.
Online integrated customizable forms make it easier to add new subscribers automatically. Whenever a new subscriber comes on site these forms will add them automatically to the selected list.
Action on Duplicate Contacts
At the time of inserting/updating subscriber in a contact list, you can specify action-to-be-taken if duplicate entry is found.
only update the new fields and keep the old fields and their data.
do not take any action and keep the old data as it is.
only keep new data and remove the previous fields.
Interaction Rate of Contact Lists
Higher interaction rate of a contact list shows that subscribers in the list are more responsive. This helps you to filter more interactive subscribers from the idle ones.
When a subscriber opens a mail he is interacting with the campaign actually.
Other than open, the interaction rate will be counted if subscriber clicks on a link, reopen mail, unsubscribers from the list, etc.