If you’ve ever wondered:
“Should I consider email marketing in my marketing strategy? Or look for other channels instead?”
No doubt, Email marketing is an ideal way to get connected with your customers if you do it right.
Why is email marketing so successful?
Because it’s a permission-based marketing.
When it arrives to compare it with other marketing channels as marketing strategy and ROI, Email is the best and far better way which directly affects your bottom line and helps you in growing your business.
(Source: Sarv Blog)
Recommended: See more actionable and proven email marketing tips and best practices here.
Still, want proof?
In this post, you’ll find some amazing email marketing stats that will show you WHY you can’t afford to miss this opportunity.
Let’s dive right in!
1. “91% of the most successful users say marketing automation is "very important" to the overall success of their marketing programs.” (Marketo)
2. Automated email messages have 70.5% higher open rates and 152% higher click-through rates than “business as usual” marketing messages. EPSILON
3. Transactional emails have 8x more opens and clicks than any other type of email, and can generate 6x more revenue. (Experian)
4. Welcome emails have 320% more revenue per email than other promotional emails. (Demac Media)
5. 56% of companies currently use an email marketing provider and are 75% or more likely to be purchasers of marketing automation software over the next year. (Campaign Monitor)
6. Companies who send automated emails are 133% more likely to send relevant messages that correspond with a customer’s purchase cycle. (Lenskold Group)
7. There are nearly 11 times more B2B organizations using marketing automation now than in 2011. (Email Monday)
8. 63% of companies successful in Marketing Automation plan to increase their Marketing Automation budget. (Marketo)
9. 47% of users think marketing automation is worth the price. VentureBeat Insight
10. 80 percent of marketing automation users saw their number of leads increase, and 77 percent saw the number of conversions increase.” (VentureBeat)
11. 89% of marketers say that email is their primary channel for lead generation. (Mailigen)
12. Across every demographic, email was the most popular channel. 64% prefer email to communicate with companies. (MarketingSherpa)
13. Increasing the engagement rate of email marketing is a top priority for 54% of marketers. (Ascend2)
14. Email subject lines that include the words "thank you" have the highest above-average engagement levels (62 percent). (Adestra)
15. 78% of consumers have unsubscribed from emails because brands were sending too many emails. (Hubspot)
16. Subject lines personalized with a recipient’s first name, can lift open rates by 20%! (SuperOffice)
17. Retention Science found that subject line which included movie names and song lyrics have an average open rate of 26%. (Demand Gen Report)
18. Email with social sharing buttons increase click through rate by 158%. (Sarv Resource)
19. Email subscribers are 3 times more likely to share your content via social media than visitors from other sources. (FORBES)
20. Monetate found that 4.24% of visitors from email marketing buy something compared to only 2.49% of visitors from search engines and .59% from social media. (The American Genius)
21. 96% of organizations believe that email personalization can improve email marketing performance. (ABERDEEN)
22. 94% of businesses say personalisation is critical to their success. (eConsultancy)
23. 51% of marketers say that email list segmentation is the most effective personalization tactics. (Ascend2)
24. 60% of marketers struggle to personalize content in real-time, yet 77% believe real-time personalization is crucial. (Adobe)
25. Brands that included personalized subject lines experienced 27% higher unique click rates, 11% higher click-to-open rates. (Experian)
26. The average consumer is now connected through five addressable devices. (Data & Marketing Association)
27. Interactive email content increases click through rate by 17 times. (MarTech Advisor)
28. 70% of consumers frustrated when content isn’t relevant to them. (Exit Bee)
29. Targeted emails drive 18 times more revenue than non-targeted ones. (Sarv Resource)
30. Personalized messages based on behaviour are 3x better than batch and blast. (Marketo)
31. 55% of all emails are now opened on a mobile device. (Litmus)
32. 75 percent of Gmail users now access their emails on mobile devices. (TechCrunch)
33. The iPhone was the dominant device, generating 42 percent of all email opens. The desktop saw just over 32 percent of email opens. (Marketing Land)
34. Mobile readers who open an email a second time from a computer are 65% more likely to click through. (Campaign Monitor)
35. By 2018, eight out of 10 of email users are expected to access their email accounts on mobile devices. (The Radicati Group)
36. According to BlueHornet, 80% of recipients delete emails not optimized for mobile. (BizReport)
37. Mobile email click-throughs increased 22.8 percent on Black Friday. (Email Monday)
38. 52.99% of android phone users spent more than 15 seconds viewing an email. (Movable Ink)
39. Only 21% of marketers integrate the mobile channel with their email campaign. (MarketingSherpa Email Report)
40. According to comScore report, Mobile now represents 65 percent of digital media time. (Marketing Land)
41. With an ROI of around 4,300%, email practically pays for itself. (Copyblogger)
42. Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. (Campaign Monitor)
43. Average 69.23% of online shopping carts are abandoned. (Baymard Institute)
44. Email notifications about abandoned carts have a 40.5% open rate. (eMarketer)
45. One in five shoppers convert if they’re reminded within an hour regarding their abandoned carts. (Barilliance)
46. 26% of marketers claiming that sales is the primary objective of email marketing campaigns. (The Direct Marketing Association)
47. Nurtured leads tend to make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured ones. (FORBES)
48. Marketers have found a 760% increase in email revenue from segmented campaigns. (Campaign Monitor)
49. Emails with a Single CTA Increased Clicks 371% and Sales 1617%. (WordStream)
50. Only 48% of marketers build a new landing page for each marketing campaign. (IMPACT)
THANK YOU for reading this post.
I’d love to hear what do you think about these statistics.
Or maybe you want to share your favorite stats to add into this list.
Either way, just let me know by leaving a comment below right now.